Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Dreadlock Tube Hat with Corset Lacing

I went through my knitting this afternoon and came across my most popular hat.  I would say that it is my most requested pattern, but people don't ask me for the pattern.  They ask me where I bought it.  This was actually one of the first hats that I designed, and it was made right after I fell in love with steampunk.  Today I share it with you.


Honestly, I can't remember exactly what yarn I used (except that it was cheap stuff), but it's really pretty simple.  I recommend that you measure your head and knit a gauge swatch to see if it will fit you.  Adjust your needle size, or the number of repeats of the pattern, to get it right.  If this is hard to read or follow, please, please click on comments and let me know. (Just because it's all obvious to me, doesn't mean that it makes sense to someone not inside of my head.) 
Again, if you can't read this, yell at me. I apologize in advance for not getting off my butt and learning to chart more professionally.




3 comments:

  1. I love your hat!!!��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a hat I like for my dreads, and I'm in love with this hat. You are very talented. I'm not a very experienced knitter, but I'm determined to give this a go. I have a question about the edging. Is it stretchy enough or would ribbing work better? Also, can you just tighten/close up the top when you want to wear your dreads down? It looks like you can, but just checking if it works that way too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I absolutely L.o.v.e this locs tube. So original! Thank you for sharing. I have a question related to the following:
    "an cable needles-connect"
    noted above of the chart. What is this referring to? Where in the pattern do I use cable needles. I see the cabling pattern in the finished product, but not having experience with cabling, I'm not sure how to interpret this in your guide

    ReplyDelete